- Good dietary choices
- Dietary guidelines
- What is a serving?
- Nutrition resolutions
- Nutrition and pleasure
- Choosing Ready Meals
- Healthy eating in the office
- North African cuisine
- The raw food diet
- Health food lies
- Three meals a day!
- Your guide to healthy eating
- 7 keys to the Chrono diet
- How to get a balanced breakfast
- Change your eating habits!
- 5 ways to get your 5 a day
- What women eat
- Gluten-free diet: More than just a fad
- Brain food: What to eat for exam success
- How to reduce salt in your diet
- The proven benefits of probiotics
- January detox: Kick start your system
- A guide to organic shopping
- Replacing sugar with sweeteners
- Why honey is good for you
- Cooking tips for better digestion
- The Cretan diet
- Boost your brain cells with iron
- How to boost your IQ through your diet
- Comfort food: Healthy ways to boost your morale!
- A healthy diet
- Healthy protein
- Is red meat bad?
- Poultry for protein
- Fish and shellfish
- Omega-3 fish choices
- Low-fat proteins
- How much protein?
- Horsemeat scandal: What are we really eating?
- How to choose good meat
- 10 questions about meat…
- Healthy vegetables
- Vegetable nutrients
- Seaweeds: veggies from the sea
- 5 reasons to love potatoes
- Get sexy with fruits and veg
- Canned vegetables
- Sneaky seaweed is in your daily diet!
It is difficult to over-emphasize the need to maintain calcium levels throughout life. Dairy foods are prime sources of calcium, and there are many low-fat and reduced-fat options to choose from.
Remember that your body needs an adequate supply of calcium throughout life. If you do not get enough, your body will draw it from its reserves in your bones.
Most milk consumed in Britain is cow's milk. However, other milks are available as healthy alternatives.
If you suspect that your diet does not include enough dairy products, here are some suggestions for increasing your intake each day.
Not all cheeses have the same nutritional value, and while cheese is rich in calcium, it may be equally rich in fat and sodium.
Do you hesitate to put a slice of tangy cheddar cheese on your sandwich or some cubes of creamy mozzarella cheese in your salad because you think it’s too fattening? Here are five good reasons that should help to change your mind…
For centuries, yogurt has been praised for its numerous health benefits, well before the scientists got into studying it. So is yogurt a wondrous health food or just over-hyped and well marketed?
Plant based milks are a great alternative to dairy milk from animals, whether you are lactose-intolerant, allergic to cow’s milk… or not.
Get more on this subject…