The importance of keeping fit in later years
Keeping fit and exercising outdoors - in a park or on the beach - is beneficial for your health and well-being. Exposure to the sun also allows your body to make vitamin D.
- Be active and do plenty of walking.
- Practise yoga or simple stretches.
- Try body-weight exercises, such as squats, leg lifts, and arm raises.
- Do exercises that increase muscular strength, such as weight-training.
- Take up activities that are good for the heart and lungs, such as swimming or gardening. Remember to begin any new exercise gently to avoid injury.
See more in the dossier: Nutrition and ageing
Get more on this subject…